Mathematics is the Queen of Science.
-Carl Friedrich Gauss
Mathematics is not about numbers, equations, computations or algorithms: It is about understanding. `
-William Paul Thurston
The Department of Applied Mathematics is one of the Oldest Department of Krishna University Dr.MRARPost Graduate Centre, Nuzvid which was established in 1977 with the two years course M.Sc. Applied Mathematics under Andhra University with the Eminent Faculty. Later authority shifted to AcharyaNagarjunaUniversity and at present it is under Krishna University.
The motto of this Department isto contribute to evaluation and enrichment of Mathematical education, applicable in various walks of life through disciplined Research, Teaching and constant collaboration with institutes. The Department specializes itself in providing ample employment opportunities to the students. The Department started offeringM.Sc Mathematics from the academic year 2014-2015 andM.Sc Statistics from the academic year 2015-16. The Department is also offering Research Programme leading to award to full time and part time M.Phil. &Ph.D., programmes from the academic year 1980.
The Department of Applied Mathematics has many strengths include its high faculty to student ratio, state of the art facilities, renowned faculty, strong focus on postgraduate education balanced with leading edge research, and service. Faculty and students often collaborate on the problems which can be solved with the methods. The faculty members of this Department have made notable contributions in the field of Applied Mathematics in terms of guiding Research Scholars, Publishing Research papers in the peer reviewed high impact factor journals .The Faculty members have received awards from National and International agencies for their contribution at the individual level.
- To install analytical and logical thinking among students and promote mathematical thought as an important area of human thought.
- To develop statistical techniques for analyzing data arising in the scientific investigation of problems in various disciplines.
- To be a centre of excellence in research, learning and academics.
- To encourage students by conducting seminars and develop their analytical and logical thinking.
- To provide environment where students can learn, became component users of Mathematics and understand the use of Mathematics in other disciplines.
- To establish lab to provide first hand practical experience in handling modem software packages both in Mathematics & Statistics.