The Department of Physics, Krishna University Dr. MRAR PG Centre was established in 1977 in erstwhile Andhra University PG center and offers 2 Year M.Sc. degree course with Condensed Matter Physics as Specialization with intake of 36 students and also offering M.Pil/Ph.Dprogrammes (Full time/Part-time). The students are admitted based on the ranks obtained in the KRUCET and subsequently admission counselling is conducted by Krishna University. The department is planning to start electronics as specialization and electives such as nonmaterial’s physics and laser physics in near future. The objective of the department is to impart knowledge and training in the recent advancements and modern trends and technologies in the field of Physics with an aim to develop research in commercial and scientific applications.
Presently the Department has 1 Professor, and 3 Assistant Professors (Adhoc). The research work in the Department has been focusing in the areas of Solid State Spectroscopy, Nano-structured materials, Glass science and Technology. The faculty members have been publishing quality journals of international repute. Moreover, the faculty members have been involving in collaborative research with national and international institutions. The department of Physics has a unique distinction to have one of its faculty got awarded as Fellow, Andhra Pradesh Academic of Sciences, Amravati and two of its faculty as got awarded Associate Fellow, Andhra Pradesh Academic of Sciences, Amravati. Department faculty delivers invited talks at various universities/institutions for promotion of Science.
The advanced learning and research are the prominent objectives of the department since its inception.The present faculty of the department has published 110 articles in journals of international repute with total citations of 2614 and authored 1 book and 1 book chapter in the field of Materials Science and Nanotechnology. The faculty of the department is active in presenting their research contributions at various national and international conferences about 30 since 2015.
- To strive for all round development of students for attainment of scientific empowerment both in teaching and research and self-reliant as well.
- To establish multi-institutional, interdisciplinary and international collaborations in thrust areas of scientific research so as to acquire national and international recognition.
- To develop advanced characterization facilities for cutting edge research with a roadmap towards the establishment of Centre for multifunctional nano-crystalline materials.
- To strive for transformation of laboratory research towards industrial scale so as to acquire industrial collaboration and funding as well.
- Dissemination of knowledge through research based teaching and learning processes with a motive to inculcate strong research attitude in student community.
- Build good character and educate students so as to become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families and society.
- Attraction of grants from national and international funding agencies for scientific research in thrust areas.
- Develop the basic concepts in core areas of Physics, in particular, Classical and Statistical and Quantum Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Electromagnetism, Solid State Physics and Nuclear & Particle Physics.
- Perform the General Physics, Basic Electronics, Solid State Physics and research oriented experiments to inculcate the critical thinking with proper interpretation and analysis of results.
- Undertake small project works and carry out research / investigation to solve practical problems and write /present a substantial technical report/document